Get a Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide (Generic Diovan HCT) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It combines an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB) with a thiazide diuretic (“water pill”). These medicines work together to relax blood vessels and remove extra fluids and salt. The brand version is Diovan HCT.
Please note: At this time, this medication is only prescribed as a refill at Dr. B.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedThanks to Dr B I don't have to break…Thanks to Dr B I don't have to break the bank, pay obscene amounts of money even with an insurance, Doctor...Ahmet Turgut, 1/18/2024
How Dr. B treats high blood pressure
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide (Generic Diovan HCT)
How does it work?
Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide combines two medications that work together to lower blood pressure:
- Valsartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker (ARB). It blocks a hormone that tightens blood vessels. This helps blood vessels relax, which improves blood flow.
- Hydrochlorothiazide is a diuretic (“water pill”). It tells your kidneys to make more urine, which removes extra fluid and salts from blood vessels.
What does it treat?
This medication is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). When combined with a healthy lifestyle, it can help reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack and kidney problems.
What forms does it come in?
This hypertension medicine comes as a tablet that’s taken by mouth.
Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide vs. Diovan HCT
Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide is the generic name for the medication. Diovan HCT is a brand name for the same combination of drugs. Both contain Valsartan and Hydrochlorothiazide. Both work the same way to treat high blood pressure.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a high blood pressure prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Valsartan 160 mg-Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg (30 tablets) start at $9.00.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Valsartan 160 mg-Hydrochlorothiazide 12.5 mg (30 tablets)*
More High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Prescription Refills
Looking for a different hypertension medication? Here are some options.
Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide (Generic Diovan HCT) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of taking Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide (Generic Diovan HCT)?
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack
- Protects the kidneys
- Reduces the risk of death from heart disease
- Reduces swelling caused by fluid buildup
- Convenient 2-in-1 pill
- Taken once a day
Who should not take this medication?
- Those who are allergic to Valsartan or Hydrochlorothiazide
- People with a known allergy or severe reaction to ARBs (Angiotensin II Receptor Blockers), diuretics or sulfonamide-derived drugs
- Pregnant women, breastfeeding or those planning to become pregnant
- People with a history of gout
- People with a history of angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat)
- People with a rare genetic condition called hereditary angioedema
- Those with severe kidney disease or a history of kidney problems
- People who have high levels of potassium in the blood (hyperkalemia)
- Those who are taking Neprilysin Inhibitors like Entresto (Sacubitril/Valsartan)
- People who are taking Aliskiren, another type of blood pressure medication
- People with a history of electrolyte imbalances, as diuretics can cause imbalances in potassium, sodium, magnesium, and chloride levels in the blood
If you have any of these conditions—or a history of dehydration, heart failure, diabetes, liver problems, adrenal gland problems, primary aldosteronism (a condition that causes the adrenal glands to produce too much aldosterone, a hormone that helps regulate blood pressure), or collagen vascular disease (such as lupus or scleroderma)—speak with your healthcare provider before starting this medication.
Taking this medication when you have these conditions should be carefully and closely monitored by a healthcare provider.
Also tell your medical provider about any other medications you’re using before you start this hypertension treatment.
How do you take this medication?
This hypertension medication is usually taken once a day, with or without food. It can make you urinate more often. Try using this medicine in the morning so you won’t need to use the bathroom at night.
High blood pressure is a long-term (chronic) condition that can harm your organs. Medications for blood pressure are not a one-time cure. This medicine doesn't provide a complete cure for high blood pressure, so it's important to continue taking it, even if you start feeling better. If you stop taking it suddenly, this could cause dangerous problems, like heart attack or stroke. Follow your medical provider's instructions carefully.
Also, please keep in mind that it may take some time for this medication to achieve its full effect in managing your blood pressure. Don't be discouraged if you don't notice immediate changes. Continue taking your medication as prescribed, and consult with your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of your blood pressure medicine, take it as soon as you remember unless it's almost time for your next dose. In that case, skip the missed dose and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Don't take extra medicine to make up for the missed dose.
What happens if I take too much?
Taking too much of your blood pressure medication can lead to symptoms like dizziness, irregular heartbeat or electrolyte imbalances.
If you’ve taken too much Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide, call your medical provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222) immediately.
Can I get Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide (Generic Diovan HCT) online?
Dr. B offers convenient, virtual consultations for blood pressure medications, including Diovan HCT and Valsartan-Hydrochlorothiazide. Just fill out a short health questionnaire to connect with a licensed medical provider.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Sudip Bose
Sudip Bose, MD is a world-leading emergency medicine physician, combat veteran, professor, and entrepreneur. With a wide variety of experience, Dr. Bose is focused on endeavors with large-scale health and educational impact. He founded The Battle Continues, a nonprofit assisting veterans with healthcare needs. Dr. Bose is also a clinical professor at Texas Tech and University of Illinois College of Medicine. He is a graduate of the honors program at Northwestern University, where he continued his medical school education at The Feinberg School of Medicine.
Some people have side effects when they use this medicine. If these side effects bother you, let your health provider know. The most common side effects are:
- Upset stomach
- Cold symptoms
- Muscle cramps
- Dry cough
Keep an eye out for more serious reactions that should be reported immediately. This includes symptoms like breathing problems, swelling of the face or throat, urinating less than usual, chest pain or changes in heart rate.
This medication, along with its component hydrochlorothiazide (HCTZ), can potentially alter serum potassium levels, so it’s important to keep an eye on your potassium levels when taking this medication. It's best to consult a healthcare provider for routine checks. It's a simple step that can help ensure your treatment's effectiveness and safety.
Getting your blood tested regularly is important to monitor your overall health. It's a good idea to have your bloodwork checked, which may include tests for renal function, glucose levels or potassium levels in your blood. These routine checks help ensure you are in good health and catch any potential issues early.