Get a Pravastatin (Generic Pravachol) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Pravastatin is a cholesterol medicine that reduces the amount of cholesterol made by the liver. This can lower levels of "bad" cholesterol and fats (like LDL and triglycerides) and raise levels of "good" cholesterol in the blood. The brand version of this medicine is Pravachol.
Please note: At this time, this medication is only prescribed as a refill at Dr. B.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats high cholesterol
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About Pravastatin (Generic Pravachol)
How does it work?
Pravastatin blocks an enzyme in the liver that plays a role in producing cholesterol. By reducing cholesterol production, it helps lower "bad" LDL cholesterol levels in the bloodstream. It also lowers the amount of triglycerides (fats) in the bloodstream and raises the levels of “good” (HDL) cholesterol. This may help reduce the risk of stroke, heart attack, chest pain (angina) and other heart problems related to heart disease.
What does it treat?
Pravastatin is used to treat high levels of cholesterol in the blood, specifically "bad" LDL cholesterol. Lowering LDL cholesterol levels may reduce the risk of heart disease and lower the chances of heart-related problems.
What forms does it come in?
Pravastatin is available in tablet form. These tablets may come in different strengths depending on your prescribed dosage.
Pravastatin vs. Pravachol
Pravastatin and Pravachol are the same medication–Pravachol is just a brand name for Pravastatin. They both lower cholesterol levels and reduce the risk of heart disease. Talk to your licensed provider about what’s available near you and whether one of these drugs may be cheaper depending on your insurance.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a high cholesterol prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Pravastatin 40 mg (30 tablets) start at $6.06.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Pravastatin 40 mg (30 tablets)*
Other treatment options
Looking for a different refill medication? Here are some options.
Pravastatin (Generic Pravachol) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of taking Pravastatin (Generic Pravachol)?
- Lowers bad cholesterol (LDL)
- Lowers triglycerides
- Increases good cholesterol (HDL)
- May prevent heart attack
- May reduce stroke risk
- Protects blood vessels
Who should not take this medication?
- People with allergies to Pravastatin or other statins
- People with liver problems
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- If you take certain medications
- People with a history of muscle problems with statins
- People with a family history of muscle problems
It can be dangerous to take this medication while using some other medications. Tell your healthcare provider about your full medical history, any medications you take and your alcohol use before starting this treatment.
How do you take this medication?
This medication is usually taken once a day, with or without food. Follow your medical provider's guidance carefully for the best results.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it’s nearly time for the next dose – don’t take extra doses to catch up.
What happens if I take too much?
It’s important to take this medication exactly as prescribed. Taking too much of this medication can lead to side effects like muscle pain, weakness and liver problems. If you’ve taken too much of your cholesterol medicine, call your licensed provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222) immediately.
To minimize the risk of taking an excessive amount of Pravastatin, it is best to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions diligently.
Can I get Pravastatin (Generic Pravachol) online?
Dr. B can help you get convenient online refills for your statin medications, including Pravastatin. Fill out a short health questionnaire and a licensed medical provider will review your health history to make sure a refill is appropriate. Then, they will send a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Sudip Bose
Sudip Bose, MD is a world-leading emergency medicine physician, combat veteran, professor, and entrepreneur. With a wide variety of experience, Dr. Bose is focused on endeavors with large-scale health and educational impact. He founded The Battle Continues, a nonprofit assisting veterans with healthcare needs. Dr. Bose is also a clinical professor at Texas Tech and University of Illinois College of Medicine. He is a graduate of the honors program at Northwestern University, where he continued his medical school education at The Feinberg School of Medicine.
Some people might have mild side effects when they use this cholesterol treatment. The most common mild side effects are:
- Upset stomach
- Muscle damage (muscle cramping, pain and weakness)
Check with your healthcare provider right away if you experience dark urine, diarrhea, fever, muscle cramps or spasms, muscle pain or stiffness, extreme fatigue, or weakness, as these may indicate the presence of a severe muscle condition known as rhabdomyolysis, which can potentially lead to kidney complications.
If you experience muscle pain, reach out to your medical provider immediately.
It's extremely important to note that using Pravastatin increases the risk of serious muscle problems, which can manifest as myopathy with symptoms like muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness. Myopathy can lead to rhabdomyolysis, a condition where muscle breakdown can lead to kidney damage and, in severe cases, life-threatening consequences such as death.