Get a Fluvastatin prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Fluvastatin is a cholesterol-lowering medication that is used in combination with diet and exercise to protect the heart and blood vessels. This medication blocks production of cholesterol in the liver, which can help lower "bad" cholesterol and fats (LDL and triglycerides) and increase "good" cholesterol (HDL) levels in the blood. The brand version of this medicine is called Lescol.
Please note: At this time, this medication is only prescribed as a refill at Dr. B.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats high cholesterol
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
How does it work?
Fluvastatin blocks an enzyme in the liver that is involved in making cholesterol. This helps lower the levels of "bad" (LDL) cholesterol and fats (triglycerides) in the bloodstream. Lower cholesterol and fat levels may help protect your heart and blood vessels from heart attack and stroke.
What does it treat?
This cholesterol treatment is known as a “statin.” Statins are used to help reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke in people who are at high risk of heart problems. Statins help lower the amount of bad fats (triglycerides) and cholesterol (LDL) in the blood and raise the level of HDL or “good” cholesterol. This medication works best when combined with a healthy diet, exercise and a sensible weight loss program.
What forms does it come in?
Fluvastatin is available as a capsule or extended-release tablet that is taken by mouth. These capsules may come in different strengths depending on your prescribed dosage.
Fluvastatin vs. Lescol
Fluvastatin and Lescol are actually the same medication! Lescol is just a brand name version of this cholesterol medicine. They both work to lower cholesterol levels and may reduce the risk of heart problems. Brand and generic medications are equally effective, but generics may be less expensive depending on your insurance.
The brand drug Lescol is not currently available on the Dr. B platform.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a high cholesterol prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Fluvastatin 20 mg (30 capsules) start at $40.67.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Fluvastatin 20 mg (30 capsules)*
Other treatment options
Looking for a different refill medication? Here are some options.
Fluvastatin prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of taking Fluvastatin?
- Lowers “bad” cholesterol (LDL) and triglyceride levels
- Improves “good” cholesterol (HDL) levels
- May prevent heart attack
- May lower stroke risk
- Slows plaque buildup in blood vessels
- Improves blood flow in blood vessels
Who should not take this medication?
- People with allergies to Fluvastatin or other statins
- People with liver problems
- People who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- People who are taking certain other medications
- People with a history of muscle problems with statins
- People with a family history of muscle problems
Fluvastatin can be dangerous if it’s used while taking other medications or if you have certain medical conditions. Tell your healthcare provider about your full medical history, alcohol use history and any medications you’re taking before starting this treatment.
How do you take this medication?
This medicine is usually taken once or twice a day depending on the dose. It can be taken with or without food. Follow your medical provider’s directions to use this medicine correctly.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose of your cholesterol medication, take it as soon as you remember. If it's been more than 12 hours since the missed dose, skip the missed one and continue with your regular dosing schedule. Don't take extra doses to catch up.
What happens if I take too much?
Taking too much of your cholesterol medication can lead to potential side effects. Some symptoms of overdose may include muscle pain, weakness and liver problems. If you’ve taken too much Fluvastatin, call your licensed provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222) immediately.
To minimize the risk of taking an excessive amount of Fluvastatin, it is best to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions diligently.
Can I get Fluvastatin online?
If you need a refill of your statin medications, including Fluvastatin, Dr. B can help. Just fill out a short health questionnaire and Dr. B will connect you with a licensed medical provider. If they determine that a refill is appropriate, they will send a prescription to the pharmacy of your choice.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Sudip Bose
Sudip Bose, MD is a world-leading emergency medicine physician, combat veteran, professor, and entrepreneur. With a wide variety of experience, Dr. Bose is focused on endeavors with large-scale health and educational impact. He founded The Battle Continues, a nonprofit assisting veterans with healthcare needs. Dr. Bose is also a clinical professor at Texas Tech and University of Illinois College of Medicine. He is a graduate of the honors program at Northwestern University, where he continued his medical school education at The Feinberg School of Medicine.
Some people experience side effects while using this medication. The most common side effects are:
- Sleeping problems
- Sinus pain
- Memory issues
- Upset stomach
- Muscle damage (muscle cramping, pain and weakness)
Check with your healthcare provider right away if you experience dark urine, diarrhea, fever, muscle cramps or spasms, muscle pain or stiffness, extreme fatigue, or weakness, as these may indicate the presence of a severe muscle condition known as rhabdomyolysis, which can potentially lead to kidney complications.
If you experience muscle pain, reach out to your medical provider immediately.
It's extremely important to note that using Fluvastatin increases the risk of serious muscle problems, which can manifest as myopathy with symptoms like muscle pain, tenderness, or weakness. Myopathy can lead to rhabdomyolysis, a condition where muscle breakdown can lead to kidney damage and, in severe cases, life-threatening consequences such as death.