Get a Lisinopril (Generic Zestril) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Lisinopril is prescribed to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It’s a type of drug known as an angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitor. It helps keep blood vessels relaxed. The brand name is Zestril.
Please note: At this time, this medication is only prescribed as a refill at Dr. B.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats high blood pressure
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About Lisinopril (Generic Zestril)
How does it work?
Lisinopril belongs to a class of medications known as angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors. It blocks a protein (known as ACE) that causes blood vessels to tighten. This helps relax blood vessels and reduce the workload on the heart, which helps lower blood pressure.
What does it treat?
Lisinopril is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). It can also be used to treat symptoms of heart failure and improve the chances of survival after a heart attack.
What forms does it come in?
This hypertension medicine comes as a tablet or a solution. It is taken by mouth.
Please note that Lisinopril solution is not listed among the available options on the Dr. B platform at this time.
Lisinopril vs. Zestril
Lisinopril and Zestril are actually the same medication. Lisinopril is the generic name, while Zestril is a brand name for the same drug. They both work in the same way to treat conditions like high blood pressure.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a high blood pressure prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Lisinopril 10 mg (30 tablets) start at $1.76.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Lisinopril 10 mg (30 tablets)*
More High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Prescription Refills
Looking for a different hypertension medication? Here are some options.
Lisinopril (Generic Zestril) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of taking Lisinopril (Generic Zestril)?
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of stroke
- Reduces the risk of heart attack
- Protects kidneys in some cases
- Treats heart failure symptoms
- Reduces risk of death after heart attack
Who should not take this medication?
- Those who are allergic to Lisinopril
- People with a known allergy or severe reaction to ACE inhibitors
- Pregnant women, breastfeeding or those planning to become pregnant
- Those with specific heart valve conditions
- People with a history of angioedema (swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat)
- People with a rare genetic condition called hereditary angioedema
- Those with severe kidney disease or a history of kidney problems
- People who have high levels of potassium in the blood (hyperkalemia)
- Those who are taking Neprilysin Inhibitors like Entresto (Sacubitril/Valsartan)
- People who are taking Aliskiren, another type of blood pressure medication
If you have any of these conditions—or a history of dehydration, heart failure, diabetes, liver problems, low blood pressure (hypotension) or collagen vascular disease (such as lupus or scleroderma)—speak with your healthcare provider before starting this medication.
Taking this medication when you have these conditions should be carefully and closely monitored by a healthcare provider.
Also tell your medical provider about any other medications you’re using before you start this hypertension treatment.
How do you take this medication?
Lisinopril is usually taken once a day, with or without food.
High blood pressure is a long-term (chronic) condition that can harm your organs. Medications for blood pressure are not a one-time cure. This medicine doesn't provide a complete cure for high blood pressure, so it's important to continue taking it, even if you start feeling better. If you stop taking it suddenly, this could cause dangerous problems, like heart attack or stroke. Follow your medical provider's instructions carefully.
Also, please keep in mind that it may take some time for this medication to achieve its full effect in managing your blood pressure. Don't be discouraged if you don't notice immediate changes. Continue taking your medication as prescribed, and consult with your healthcare provider if you have any questions or concerns.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you forget to take a dose of your blood pressure medication, take it as soon as you remember. If it’s almost time for your next dose, then skip it. Never take two doses at the same time to make up for a missed one.
What happens if I take too much?
Taking too much of your blood pressure medicine may lead to symptoms like dizziness or fainting.
If you’ve taken too much Lisinopril, call your medical provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222) immediately.
Can I get Lisinopril (Generic Zestril) online?
Yes! Just complete a Dr. B virtual health questionnaire. A licensed medical provider will review your health history to determine if an online refill is appropriate. If it is, they can send it to your preferred pharmacy.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Sudip Bose
Sudip Bose, MD is a world-leading emergency medicine physician, combat veteran, professor, and entrepreneur. With a wide variety of experience, Dr. Bose is focused on endeavors with large-scale health and educational impact. He founded The Battle Continues, a nonprofit assisting veterans with healthcare needs. Dr. Bose is also a clinical professor at Texas Tech and University of Illinois College of Medicine. He is a graduate of the honors program at Northwestern University, where he continued his medical school education at The Feinberg School of Medicine.
This medicine may cause side effects. Let your medical provider know if these are bothering you or if they don’t get better. The most common side effects are:
- Dry cough
- Changes in kidney enzymes (creatinine levels)
- Feeling faint
Talk to your health provider if your side effects are bothering you or if they don’t get better. Be alert for signs of a more serious reaction that might require emergency attention. This could include severe swelling that occurs beneath the skin–most commonly in the face, lips, tongue, or throat (angioedema), pale skin, changes in urination, muscle weakness, trouble breathing or confusion.
This medication can potentially increase serum potassium levels, so it's important to keep an eye on your potassium levels when taking this medication. It's best to consult a healthcare provider for routine checks. It's a simple step that can help ensure your treatment's effectiveness and safety.
Getting your blood tested regularly is important to monitor your overall health. It's a good idea to have your bloodwork checked, which may include tests for renal function, glucose levels or potassium levels in your blood. These routine checks help ensure you are in good health and catch any potential issues early.