Get an InnoPran XL ER (Propranolol XL ER) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
InnoPran XL ER is the brand version of Propranolol XL ER—an extended-release capsule used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension). A beta blocker, this medication can help lower blood pressure by stimulating blood flow and decreasing heart activity. It may also help reduce the risk of stroke and heart attack.
Please note: At this time, this medication is only prescribed as a refill at Dr. B.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats high blood pressure
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About InnoPran XL ER (Propranolol XL ER)
How does it work?
InnoPran XL ER is a medication that contains the active ingredient Propranolol, which belongs to a class of drugs called beta blockers. It works by blocking certain receptors in the heart and blood vessels, slowing down the heart rate and reducing the force of its contractions. This helps lower blood pressure and reduce the heart muscle’s workload, making it easier for the heart to pump blood efficiently.
What does it treat?
InnoPran XL ER is primarily used to treat conditions like high blood pressure, which occurs when the force of blood against the artery walls is too high. It can also be prescribed for conditions like angina (chest pain) and certain heart rhythm disorders and to prevent migraines.
What forms does it come in?
InnoPran XL ER comes in the form of extended-release capsules that you take by mouth. These capsules release the medication slowly over time, allowing for once-a-day dosing to help control conditions like high blood pressure or prevent migraine headaches.
InnoPran XL ER vs. Propranolol XL ER
InnoPran XL ER and Propranolol XL ER are two brand-name versions of similar blood pressure medicines. They both contain the active ingredient Propranolol and treat health problems like hypertension and migraines. The difference is in their name and, potentially, their price.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a high blood pressure prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Propranolol XL-ER 24 hr 120 mg (30 capsules) start at $12.98.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Propranolol XL-ER 24 hr 120 mg (30 capsules)*
More High Blood Pressure (Hypertension) Prescription Refills
Looking for a different hypertension medication? Here are some options.
InnoPran XL ER (Propranolol XL ER) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of taking InnoPran XL ER (Propranolol XL ER)?
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces the risk of stroke and heart attack
- Prevents angina (chest pain)
- Treats heart rhythm problems
- Treats hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (thickened heart muscle)
Who should not take this medication?
- Those with Propranolol allergies
- People with a known allergy or severe reaction to beta-blockers
- People with diabetes
- Those who have kidney or liver disease
- People with severe circulation problems
- People with pheochromocytoma tumor
- People who have untreated hyperthyroidism
- Those with myasthenia gravis (muscle disorder)
- People who have slow heart rate (bradycardia)
- Those with low blood pressure (hypotension)
- People with severe heart conditions or heart failure
- People with sick sinus syndrome (a heart rhythm problem)
- Those who have second- or third-degree atrioventricular block (a heart rhythm problem)
- People with asthma, other breathing problems or history of serious lung diseases
- Individuals with a history of severe depression or certain mental health conditions
- Those with Raynaud's syndrome (a condition that causes the fingers and toes to become numb and cold)
- Pregnant women, breastfeeding or those planning to become pregnant
If you have any of the above conditions, you may still be able to take this long-term hypertension medicine. But discuss all prior medical conditions with your licensed provider before starting treatment. Many medications interact poorly with InnoPran XL ER and can increase the risk of drug interactions or other complications. So share all the medications you currently take, too.
How do you take this medication?
You take this hypertension treatment by mouth with or without food, usually once daily at bedtime.
High blood pressure is a long-term (chronic) condition that can harm your organs. Medications for blood pressure are not a one-time cure. This medicine doesn't provide a complete cure for high blood pressure, so it's important to continue taking it, even if you start feeling better. If you stop taking it suddenly, this could cause dangerous problems, like heart attack or stroke. Follow your medical provider's instructions carefully.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. But if it’s almost time for your next dose, wait and take your next scheduled dose. Don't take extra medication to make up for the amount you missed.
What happens if I take too much?
Taking too much InnoPran XL ER can lead to symptoms like severe dizziness, weakness, fainting, hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), an unusually slow heartbeat and slow or shallow breathing.
If you experience these and they are severe, immediately seek emergency help. If they’re mild, call your doctor, healthcare provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222).
Can I get InnoPran XL ER (Propranolol XL ER) online?
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Sudip Bose
Sudip Bose, MD is a world-leading emergency medicine physician, combat veteran, professor, and entrepreneur. With a wide variety of experience, Dr. Bose is focused on endeavors with large-scale health and educational impact. He founded The Battle Continues, a nonprofit assisting veterans with healthcare needs. Dr. Bose is also a clinical professor at Texas Tech and University of Illinois College of Medicine. He is a graduate of the honors program at Northwestern University, where he continued his medical school education at The Feinberg School of Medicine.
Not everyone will experience side effects when taking InnoPran XL ER. When they do happen, common side effects are usually mild and go away once your body adjusts to the medication. Mild side effects include:
- Vision changes
- Trouble sleeping
- Unusual dreams
- Cold hands and feet
- Mental/mood changes or depression
- Decreased libido
- Erectile dysfunction
Call your health provider immediately if you experience rare but serious side effects. These can include cardiac symptoms like shortness of breath, swelling in your ankles or feet, unusual weight gain or a very slow heartbeat. They may also include circulation issues like blue fingers or toes or numbness or tingling in your hands and feet. Other severe symptoms include mood changes, severe thirst, swollen or aching joints, easy bruising or bleeding, decreased sexual ability and fainting.
Don’t drive until you know how this medicine affects you. Be extra careful in the first hours after taking your pill because of the risk of dizziness or lightheadedness.
Getting your blood tested regularly is important to monitor your overall health. It's a good idea to have your bloodwork checked, which may include tests for renal function, glucose levels or potassium levels in your blood. These routine checks help ensure you are in good health and catch any potential issues early.