Get a Sulfacetamide-Sodium (Generic Ovace) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Sulfacetamide-sodium topical is the generic version of Ovace, an antibiotic that treats various skin conditions, including rosacea and acne. It controls bacterial growth and promotes skin cell regeneration by temporarily drying out the skin and promoting shedding of the top skin layer.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats rosacea
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About Sulfacetamide-Sodium (Generic Ovace)
How does it work?
Sulfacetamide-Sodium is a medicine that fights bacteria by stopping them from making proteins they need to survive. It's like a roadblock for the bacteria, preventing them from growing and causing infections. This can help to reduce inflammation and improve the appearance of the skin.
What does it treat?
This treatment is used for rosacea, acne and seborrheic dermatitis. It’s not a cure for rosacea, but it can help with symptoms like pimples, flaky skin and clogged pores.
What forms does it come in?
This medication comes in different forms, including creams, lotions, foams and cleansers. Each one is used slightly differently.
Sulfacetamide-Sodium vs. Ovace
Sulfacetamide-Sodium is one of the active ingredients in Ovace and other rosacea treatments. Ovace is the brand version of this medicine. Your licensed healthcare provider can help you find the right version for your particular symptoms.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a rosacea prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Sulfacetamide Sodium 10 % Topical Cleanser (360 mL bottle) start at $49.57.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Sulfacetamide Sodium 10 % Topical Cleanser (360 mL bottle)*
More Rosacea Prescription Treatments
Looking for a different medication? Here are some options.
Sulfacetamide-Sodium (Generic Ovace) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of using Sulfacetamide-Sodium (Generic Ovace)?
- Clears up pimples
- Removes dead skin
- Promotes cell turnover
- Reduces inflammation (swelling)
- Treats multiple skin conditions at once
- Available in different formulations based on individual preferences
Who should not use this medication?
- Patients with skin allergies to Sulfur products or sulfonamides
- People with known allergies to its ingredients, especially Sulfur or sulfonamide components
- People with kidney disease
- People who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Anyone with a history of Steven-Johnson syndrome
- People with open wounds or broken skin on the affected area
How do I use this medication?
Each brand of this medicine is used slightly differently, so be sure to follow your medical provider’s directions. Don’t use more than prescribed, because this can actually make your skin worse. Always wash your hands after using this medicine.
What happens if I miss a dose?
Just use the missed dose as soon as you remember. If it’s nearly time for your next application, skip the missed dose. Don’t use extra to catch up.
What happens if I use too much?
Using too much of any medicine containing Sulfacetamide-Sodium can result in increased skin irritation, redness or dryness. It's important to follow your doctor's recommended dosage and not use more than prescribed to avoid these side effects.
If you’ve taken too much of your rosacea medicine, call your licensed provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222) immediately.
Can I get Sulfacetamide-Sodium (Generic Ovace) online?
Dr. B can help you find the right treatment for your rosacea symptoms, including online prescriptions for Sulfacetamide-Sodium, Ovace and other rosacea medicines. Connect with a licensed medical provider by filling out a short health questionnaire about your symptoms. Then, if appropriate, a healthcare provider will send a prescription to your preferred pharmacy.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Alison Gruen
Alison Gruen, MD is a board-certified dermatologist in New York City with over 18 years of experience. A clinician at heart, she happily devotes most of her time to the care of her patients. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton University and received her MD degree from the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Gruen completed her dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate where she served as Chief Resident and was awarded the Kings County Doctor’s Day award for compassion in medicine. Currently Dr. Gruen is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan.
Some people experience mild side effects while using this medicine, including:
- Dry skin
- Mild irritation
Let your health provider know right away if your symptoms are more severe or if your skin is getting worse. Also watch out for signs of a more serious reaction, like a rash, hives, fever, joint pain or blistering skin. If you develop these symptoms, contact emergency medical services right away.