Get a Valacyclovir (Generic Valtrex) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Valacyclovir is the generic version of Valtrex. Both are antiviral medicines that treat outbreaks of oral and genital herpes by slowing the production of the herpes virus. This can help relieve pain, shorten outbreaks and prevent the spread of future outbreaks. The tablets can be taken daily for long-term treatment or as a multi-day course for immediate, short-term treatment.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats genital herpes
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About Valacyclovir (Generic Valtrex)
How does it work?
Valacyclovir is an antiviral prescription medication that prevents certain viruses from multiplying and spreading. This can help reduce symptom severity and the frequency of herpes outbreaks.
What does it treat?
In adults, Valacyclovir treats genital herpes and herpes on lips and in the mouth. It’s often prescribed in children for conditions like chickenpox and cold sores.
What forms does it come in?
The dosage forms come as oral tablets. These are typically taken by mouth with water once or twice daily, depending on the severity of the condition. Be sure to follow your healthcare provider’s instructions carefully.
Valacyclovir vs. Valtrex
Valacyclovir and Valtrex are the same medication. Valacyclovir is the generic name. Valtrex is its brand equivalent.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a genital herpes prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Valacyclovir 1 gram (4 tablets) start at $7.34.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Valacyclovir 1 gram (4 tablets)*
Valacyclovir (Generic Valtrex) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of taking Valacyclovir (Generic Valtrex)?
- Reduces severity of herpes outbreaks
- Lessens future outbreak frequency
- Eases pain
- Speeds healing
Who should not take this medication?
- People with kidney problems
- People with specific medication allergies
- People with HIV
- People with a weakened immune system
- People taking certain medications (like Ibuprofen or Naproxen)
If you meet the above criteria—or are pregnant or breastfeeding—discuss the benefits and risks of this medication with your medical provider before using it.
How do you take this medication?
The tablets are taken orally, with water. How many times a day they’re taken varies by individual diagnosis. Follow your licensed medical provider's instructions carefully.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you miss a dose, take it when you remember. It's almost time for the next dose, don’t take it or add extra medication to your next dose. Just skip the missed one and continue with your regular schedule.
What happens if I take too much?
Taking too much of this medication may cause severe symptoms like seizures or loss of consciousness. To avoid serious side effects, follow the dosing instructions of your medical provider or pharmacist. If you suspect that you have taken too much medication, call your licensed provider or poison control center (800-222-1222).
Can I get Valacyclovir (Generic Valtrex) online?
Yes! Dr. B can help you treat oral and genital herpes online with a $15 consultation. A licensed provider will review your health information and, if appropriate, send an antiviral prescription to your preferred local or online pharmacy.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Alison Gruen
Alison Gruen, MD is a board-certified dermatologist in New York City with over 18 years of experience. A clinician at heart, she happily devotes most of her time to the care of her patients. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton University and received her MD degree from the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Gruen completed her dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate where she served as Chief Resident and was awarded the Kings County Doctor’s Day award for compassion in medicine. Currently Dr. Gruen is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan.
Some people don’t experience side effects—and drinking plenty of fluids can help reduce side effect risk. When side effects do happen, they’re usually mild. Mild side effects include:
- Upset stomach
Severe side effects include extreme fatigue, changes to your heartbeat, bloody or dark urine, severe stomach pain and mood changes. Serious allergic reactions are rare. But if you experience symptoms of an allergic reaction, any severe symptoms or any new, worrying symptoms, talk to your medical provider or pharmacist immediately.