Get a Ciclopirox (Generic Loprox) prescription online
No video calls necessary
$15 consult—no membership required
Medical review within 3 hours
Ciclopirox is the generic version of the brand-name drugs Loprox and Ciclodan. These topical antifungal medications prevent fungi from reproducing to treat skin and scalp infections like athlete's foot, jock itch, ringworm, yeast infections and seborrheic dermatitis. Ciclopirox is also available as a nail lacquer to treat fungal infections in the fingernails and toenails.
See what others are saying about Dr. B
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedQuick response to requestQuick response to request. Doctor followed up to ensure I had correct R/X and I was doing well on medication....Customer, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️AMAZINGSo recently being diagnosed with situational hypertension my insurance changed and told me they don't...Ashley H, 2/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Simply AstonishedI haven't had a UTI in years, but once I felt those dreaded symptoms, I knew AZO wasn't going to cut...April M., 2/16/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat service and super simpleGreat service and super simple. Very friendly, professional.David C, 2/7/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper convenient and inexpensiveI used Dr. B after experiencing symptoms of a UTI (and confirming with a test strip from the drug store...Sara, 2/2/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and easy experienceFast and easy experience getting my antibiotic.Mrsrd, 1/29/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedEasy,fast cheapest one out...Easy,fast all information u need is there ..I like it.try it . cheaper than every oneLuis C, 1/24/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedVery easyVery easy, handled everything quickly and everything was great!!Jennifer M, 1/28/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat customer serviceGreat customer service. Very fast and they follow up!Tiffany D, 1/22/2024
- ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedSuper easy and FASTSuper easy and FAST. I can’t believe I didn’t know about this sooner. And affordable!!!!Lizzy Gonzalo, 1/21/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedFast and affordable careEntire family got Covid after a trip. Thanks Dr B everyone received treatment in a prompt wayY Z, 1/20/2024⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ ☑️ invitedGreat Service all the way aroundGreat Service all the way around. Thank you Dr. B. I feel better since treatment for a sinus infection.David Thelen T, 1/20/2024
How Dr. B treats fungal infections
Tell us about your condition with a $15 online consultation—no video call necessary.
A medical provider will review your information and prescribe treatment, if appropriate.
Pick up and pay for the medication at the pharmacy of your choice. Or, get it delivered.
About Ciclopirox (Generic Loprox)
How does it work?
Ciclopirox is a fungal infection medicine that helps treat fungal and yeast infections by stopping the growth of these harmful organisms. It's like putting a roadblock before them, preventing them from spreading so the body can fight off the infection.
What does it treat?
Ciclopirox is a fungal infection treatment used to treat fungal infections of the skin, scalp and nails. It fights off the fungi causing the problems, which helps the skin, scalp and nails become healthier.
What forms does it come in?
This antifungal medicine comes as a cream, lacquer, gel, shampoo and solution you apply to the affected area. (These can be anywhere on the skin, nails or scalp.) All forms fight fungal infections by helping the infected area heal.
Ciclopirox vs. Loprox
Loprox is a brand-name medication that contains Ciclopirox as its active ingredient. Ciclopirox is the generic version of Loprox. Both treat fungal skin infections like athlete's foot, jock itch and ringworm. They are also used to treat seborrheic dermatitis—a condition that causes scaly, itchy skin.
How much will it cost?
Dr. B offers online consultations for $15—which is less than most copays. If a fungal infections prescription is appropriate, your out-of-pocket medication cost will depend on your insurance and where you decide to get your prescription filled. With a drug discount card, prices for Ciclopirox 0.77 % Topical Cream (30 gram tube) start at $11.59.
* Prices shown with drug discount card applied. Price may differ depending on location.
Ciclopirox 0.77 % Topical Cream (30 gram tube)*
More Fungal Infection Prescription Treatments
Looking for a different fungal infection medication? Here are some options.
More Dandruff Prescription Treatments
Looking for a different medication? Here are some options.
Ciclopirox (Generic Loprox) prescription FAQ
What are the benefits of using Ciclopirox (Generic Loprox)?
- Treats fungal infections
- Relieves itching
- Reduces redness
- Dries out the affected area
Who should not use this medication?
- People with a sensitivity to it
- People with a weakened immune system
- Children under 12 years old
- People who are pregnant or breastfeeding
- People with diabetes
- People with seizure disorders
If you have any of these conditions, it may still be safe for you to start this treatment. Discuss any preexisting conditions or medication you take with your healthcare provider before starting this medication.
How do I use this medication?
Using Ciclopirox depends on its form (like a cream, gel or solution). You apply it directly to the affected area on your skin, nails or scalp. Follow the instructions on the label or those from your licensed medical provider.
What happens if I miss a dose?
If you forget to apply Ciclopirox, use it as soon as you remember. But don't apply extra gel, cream or solution to compensate for it. Continue with your regular schedule after that.
What happens if I use too much?
Using too much Ciclopirox may lead to a skin reaction like irritation or discomfort. In rare cases, an overdose of Ciclopirox can cause liver damage. If you think you may have used too much of this medication, immediately call your health provider or local poison control center (800-222-1222).
Can I get Ciclopirox (Generic Loprox) online?
Yes! Just complete a Dr. B online consultation. A licensed medical provider will review your health assessment. If they determine that a fungal infection prescription medication is appropriate, they’ll send an online prescription to your pharmacy of choice.
Medical information reviewed by Dr. Alison Gruen
Alison Gruen, MD is a board-certified dermatologist in New York City with over 18 years of experience. A clinician at heart, she happily devotes most of her time to the care of her patients. She graduated Magna Cum Laude from Princeton University and received her MD degree from the Yale School of Medicine. Dr. Gruen completed her dermatology residency at SUNY Downstate where she served as Chief Resident and was awarded the Kings County Doctor’s Day award for compassion in medicine. Currently Dr. Gruen is affiliated with Mount Sinai Hospital in Manhattan.
Not everyone will experience side effects when taking Ciclopirox. When they do present, they’re often mild and contained to where you’ve applied the medication. Mild side effects include:
- Changes in nail shape/color
Serious side effects include blistering, swelling or oozing where you’ve applied the medication. Allergic reactions to Ciclopirox are rare. But when they happen, they include itching or swelling in the face, tongue or throat, severe dizziness and trouble breathing.
Contact your health provider immediately if you experience any severe reaction or other worrying new symptoms.